L is for Love


I could start by saying that it hasn't been a day since that night that I didn't have you in my mind. Even though constant thinking of someone tends to be a hint of feelings, I don't think it constitutes love. I could also say that I've written countless lines about you, some of them embedded of a poetry that I can't recognize as my words: I was probably inspired by the wonderful forces of the universe.
Even though I tend to write about people and things I love, I don't  feel that constitutes proof enough  just yet. 
I could talk about countless little things that make my day, about how I shiver when looking at your picture and can't help myself but smiling, about how kindness invades my chest whenever someone pronounces your name. About how sweet this name sounds, like music to my ears, like honey to my lips. About how I always try to bring you up in conversations just so that I can say how wonderful you are. About how I feel so grateful for what you have thought me about computers, and about self confidence in relationships: to appreciate when someone recognizes your value instead of denying it. About how I sing out loud that song we heard in the car while I do the dishes. About how that other song, the one we listened to first, is now forever a smile-maker in my playlist. And there are many more things I could still talk about. 
I like all of that. I like having you as a part of my day and of my life even if you don't know it. I am grateful for having met you. But all of that still isn't a proof of love: who knows for how long I will continue to feel that way? My dish-washing songs change pretty quickly. 
There is just one thing I would believe makes consistent proof of a feeling we have learned to call Love. One thing that remarks the true nature of this feeling: not something that locks you, but what releases you. Not something that diminishes, rather what magnifies. This thing is the desire to share. 
Wherever I see beauty, I would like you to see it too. Not just because I'd enjoy having you with me in that moment, but because I would really like you to be delighted at the sight of that beauty as much as I am. When I listen to a great song, I want to show it to you. Be you a thousand miles away, it doesn't matter, I wish you could feel the same happiness that invades me with the musical notes: I would like you to feel that too. 
Everything that is good and positive, everything that helps me grow and learn, everything that is pleasant to my soul and that makes me wonder about the perfection of the big plan we're inserted in: I would like to share it with you. So that you can see it too, and feel the same, or feel something different. So that you can enrich the situation with your perspective. So that you can grow and learn with that, too.
I wrote this text because I'd like to share. Because with what I feel for you being so wonderful, it felt wrong it should be kept inside myself. Because I would like you to know that there is someone somewhere thinking about you when they see beauty. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Rant on Youth

On the sense of continuity

On Pigeons