The visitor

And once again, Loss comes to greet me. "Hello", she says, when I suddenly notice her standing behind the door I carefully open. Her body is cloudy, diaphanous - she herself almost a ghost. Her eyes are the only part that can be seem, of a shiny black color, like black ink in white paper. Fascinating, they are. She comes in without asking for permission.
_I've been avoiding you..._ I weakly protest.
_I know. You always are.
She looks around the house and touches objects, things that remind me of someone lost. Her cold breath spreads white steam. She stands in front of the mirror.
_I didn't always look like this. 
_How were you, before?
She suddenly changes into a little girl, blond braidings and vivid expression. Than turns into a teenage boy, black messy hair covering his eyes and a cigarette. She than become an old gentleman, all wrinkles and weak hands... 
_You are every single loss in this world._ I finally understand.
She goes back to her old form, in silence. She enters my room and closes the window.
_It's been cold here without her, isn't it?
_A little bit. I'm getting over. It's time to.
_You really believe that?
_Go away.
She complies, as someone that knows it's time. Slowly, she directs to the front door. I go after. Her bony hands send goodbye even before I open it, while she turns back only to say:
_See you soon.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Rant on Youth

On Pigeons

Aniversário